Friday, December 5, 2008

This is what a good nights rest can do!


Last night after i made sure he was changed, full and burped, i tried rocking him and he wasn't having it. It may seem awful (and it more than felt like it), but i let him cry for 1 hour and he feel asleep and stayed asleep for the whole night! 9 hours. I kept checking on him cuz I am so used to getting up with him 5 times a night. The Dr. will be so proud of me. He has been telling me it is okay to do this to help him break his habit. Coy at his 6 month apt. weighed 18.8 lbs so he really didn't need to be eating all night. I am writing all this for myself mostly, to help me not feel so bad for letting him cry. :) To all of you who have heard me complain about this, I thank you for your advice and support. Both of the girls were sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, so this has been a challenge. So keep your fingers crossed for me, that it doesn't take too many more nights of the crying to get him used to falling asleep in his bed. Chad and I both really enjoy rocking him to sleep, so hopefully we can get to do that again once we get him to stay asleep all night. We sure love you Buddie!



















8 comments:

Mindy said...

That is awesome!! I am so glad for you, getting sleep always makes me such a happier mom!

Cherish said...

I was never good at doing that...way to be "strong". 9 hours...wow you could actually feel like a normal person again. Yea...good luck tonight!

Jessie said...

Oh he is so cute - the lil' stinker! I can't believe he is sitting up so well. It is so tough making them cry it out. But so worth it when they finally get to sleep. Way to be strong Mama!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome. Keep it up! Darling pics.

Loni said...

He is sooo cute. I can't believe how big he's getting. Good luck with the habbit breaking.

Camille said...

I cant believe how fast he is growing up. They don't stay little long enough. Congrats on the all-nighter.
Love ya.

FishinFamily said...

Congrats on the all nighter! YAY! Good luck, I hope he keeps it up. If it makes you feel any better, we let the twins cry and it only took about 3 nights and they've been sleeping ever since. He's so cute!

Leslie said...

He is so adorable Kim! YAY, I am so happy he is finally sleeping through the night for you!