Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yeah! McCoy Started Crawling Last Night

At bedtime I was tucking the girls in and we looked down and he was crawling! The girls and I started to clap, and he thought he was pretty cool. He is a few days shy of 10 months so I'm glad that I won't need to be packing him around the house as much any more. This is about the same age that both of the girls started crawling also. He has been doing backwards stuff and some scooting, or putting his hands down and standing with his legs, so his bum is in the air, but today was the first day that the forward crawling motion came. I will need to re baby proof the house now! This milestone came right on the hills of him learning to wave bye bye. It's pretty cute. I just can't get him to do it on cue yet, when I have the camera, but hopefully soon I will have a picture of that also. O, and the other day (about 9 months old) he looked at me and said Mama. Chad was holding him, so he is my witness. I have been determined to help him say mama as his first word, since Dada was Mailee's and Doggy was Kinley (really I had to come after the dog, really?) Anyway, it worked, me saying Mama to him all day everyday payed off :)No Daddy, that's not a baby doll that I'm crawling to...
... or batteries!
(Chad was out of town this week end so he wasn't here to see this, so I'm glad I got some pictures)
Mom, really... could you shut off the flash!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I love when they start crawling. Not that Coy could be any happier, but I totally think that babies are happier when they can finally get to where they want to go, on their own.

Jessie said...

I am jealous that McCoy is crawling! He looks like a pro already! You need to come visit so he can teach Jensen some tricks!

Anonymous said...

WAhoo! Yeah! Such a cutie!

FishinFamily said...

Yay! That's so fun. =) He's so cute.
I'm excited to get together. We are all just getting over lovely colds, and then I'll email you. =)

Leslie said...

YAY, he is crawling, that is soooo cute! Nolan just started the army crawl this week, it's so stinkin cute! They grow up so fast huh!

The Christensen Family said...

Oh Yay! SO BIG!!! Just love love love him! Can't wait to see him in action! XXOO

Clayton, Kelsie and Carter said...

I am so excited I found your blog! I am totally going to stock it now!! It was good to see you last night!Hope Coy gets feeling better.
Kelsie

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

Ok, so i completely felt like I was "blog stocking" when I checked Jen and Jason's blog but I was mostly looking to see her daughters in dance when I came across Jason's post about tasering himself! lol! I read it out loud to Brandon and serisouly we were both in freakin' tears! I hope he's found his balls and please thank him for a deep lower gut laughter that I haven't had in a long time. :)

Keelee said...

Awe Coy....good job little guy!! I can't believe how big he's getting...crazy!